Do you have an older model of our Large Aperture Scintillometer? We now offer the possibility to upgrade your transmitter and receiver with all the added benefits of our new MkII model. Your LAS or X-LAS will be updated to digital electronics with an internal microprocessor and flash storage, integral display and keypad, plus new internal optics with increased range; making it more modern and very user friendly. The only difference from a new MkII is that the upgrade retains the original housings.
Can you upgrade any LAS scintillometer?
Yes, we offer the service for any of our older scintillometer systems. Whether you have a LAS 150, produced in 2002 and 2003, a LAS MkI manufactured between 2004 and 2011 or a X-LAS MkI, they are all suitable for an update.
Why would I upgrade my LAS system?
Our older models of LAS scintillometers are in operation around the world and they are working fine. But if you really fancy the new MkII features you can easily upgrade and benefit from improvements in usability without buying a whole new system.
The advantages of the upgrade are:
- Easy configuration and installation, thanks to a built-in display and control-pad
- In-situ calculations with the integrated digital data processing
- Real time results directly visible on the receiver display
- Store data on the spot with integral data logging
- Both serial digital output for direct PC connection, and analogue signal outputs provided
- Accurate logging time-stamp synchronised with GPS
- The latest EVATION software, for downloading and processing flux data, provided free
- Programmable control of the receiver window heater to keep off condensation and frost
- Outdoor calibration against the Kipp & Zonen reference system
- Optional meteorological sensor kit (wind speed, air temperature and pressure sensors) plugs directly into the receiver sensor port
Yes, I would like to update my LAS
Contact your local distributor or request a quote on our website to start the process and send your transmitter, receiver and sighting telescopes back to the factory in Delft, the Netherlands. More information is available on the productpages of the LAS MkI / 150 Upgrade and the X-LAS MkI Upgrade.