In the following TechTip you will learn which alarms the OTT netDL data logger can issue and how to set them.
This TechTip requires the experienced use of the OTT data logger operating program as well as the communication with the OTT netDL via USB cable (see also OTT training program).
The examples shown in this TechTip can be modified according to your specific requirements.
The first two examples are often used in practice, while the other examples are of a special kind to demonstrate the flexibility of the OTT netDL.
In the OTT netDL training course we will also be happy to discuss your specific alarming task. Or you can order a customized configuration by contacting HydroService.
Please note: Not every possible configuration makes sense! In particular, many and fast measurements and transmission intervals should be used with care, otherwise, reliable operation is not guaranteed.
These 6 examples for alerts using OTT netDL are explained in the TechTip:
- Simple alert via SMS (battery voltage)
- Level threshold with gradient for increasing the data transmission interval
- Status alert with external measuring interval
- Special alert condition (amount of precipitation) for triggering a sampling by pulse
- Special alert condition (time-controlled “burst mode”) for influencing the measurement and storage interval (storage interval only for summation)
- Take a picture and send in case of an alert (see also blog “netDL and IP Camera”)
Download the complete TechTip with instructions:
Get the Bin files: