Voilà, here is the third issue of OTT HydroMet Insights! This time, we take a detailed look at the solar energy landscape, international standards, new applications and technologies.
Around the world, the demand for renewable energy is growing. Photovoltaics play a key role in this trend. To monitor the performance of PV plants, accurate, reliable, and easy-to-integrate measurement solutions are key.
In this edition of the Solar Energy Insights, we would like to share some stories of inspiring projects, important technical knowledge, and present our latest innovation – the Kipp & Zonen SMP12, industry’s first Spectrally Flat Class A pyranometer that provides integrated heating without moving parts.
Use the arrow keys of your keyboard or the “next page” buttons to navigate through the document.
Topics covered in this issue
- Discover the new Kipp & Zonen SMP12 (p.3)
- Spectral Selectivity vs. Spectral Error: Shedding light on ISO 9060:2018 (p.4)
- Building an effective meteorological station for solar PV (p.6)
- How to mitigate soiling for improved PV performance (p.8)
- Monitoring efficiency at Benban Solar Park – the world’s fourth largest PV area (p.10)
- OTT HydroMet launches firmware update for the Kipp & Zonen DustIQ soiling system (p.12)
- How “floatovoltaics” might reshape the renewable energy landscape (p.13)
- World Radiometric Reference: A trip to the Swiss village where the world calibrates its solar monitoring instruments (p.14)
We hope this selection of topics and information helps you to grow and meet your challenges. Do you have feedback or questions? Do you want to know how our solutions can contribute to your success? Don’t hesitate to contact us. Our technical experts are happy to exchange thoughts and support you.