We’re excited to introduce to North America the OTT ecoLog 1000, a self-contained, robust surface and groundwater logger for measuring water level and temperature. The OTT ecoLog 1000 level logger provides reliable and accurate data to reduce maintenance costs and field visits.
- Avoid data gaps with reliable long-term operation
- Avoid unscheduled trips to your measurement site with:
- Remote two-way cellular data access, with support of CAT-M1 communication technology certified for Verizon
- Intelligent power management
- Up to 10 years battery and up to 2 years desiccant functionality
- Enjoy intuitive and simple local operation using SUTRON LinkComm software
The OTT ecoLog 1000 is simple to operate using just a smart phone or PC via integrated Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) – no additional tools for maintenance or battery replacement. It supports cellular devices, smart phones, and tablets operating with Android, iOS or Windows 10.
Configure and monitor your data remotely with integrated two-way cellular communication to avoid unnecessary, expensive trips to your measurement site and send encrypted data with automatic retries if transmission fails.
Reduced equipment cost:
- No additional communication cables or dongles with integrated Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- All-in-one instrument with water level sensor, logger, and modem
Eliminate data gaps and reduce field visits:
- Robust design – ceramic pressure cell for level measurement
- Intelligent power management – logs longtime values when unable to transmit
Remote data access:
- Transmit data in near real-time, two-way, via cellular network with support of CAT-M1 communication technology certified for Verizon
- Integrated modem to receive immediate alarms directly from the measurement sites
Our hydrology experts and engineers have been hard at work leveraging decades of industry experience combined with customer feedback to innovate this next-generation OTT ecoLog instrument.
“We heard your frustrations about excessive, expensive trips to the measurement site”, said Peter Schaeffeler, OTT HydroMet’s Data Management Product Manager. “We’ve made the OTT ecoLog 1000 reliable with intelligent power management and a long-lasting battery, so it can remain in the field without worry.”
The device also includes integrated mobile communication to eliminate data gaps and provide reliable and on demand redundant data. This data keeps you better informed before field trips, so each future visit is faster and more efficient.
The OTT ecoLog 1000 is designed to be durable and long-lasting with corrosion resistance to saline water, due to the complete sensor probe being made of 904L stainless steel, and has a ceramic pressure measuring cell for increased robustness. The instrument is simple to operate with just a smart phone, with no additional tools for maintenance, and allows you to exchange the communication unit or sensor on site. Each of these features helps minimizes total cost of ownership.
The logger can be paired with simple apps and configuration software, such as OTT HydroMet’s LinkComm program, and allows for usage across multiple platforms. LinkComm is a program used to view and configure the ecoLog 1000 and runs on Android platforms, iPhone/iPad and Windows PC. LinkComm enables you to create and save configurations for every station you manage as a ‘station definition’. This means that once you set up a definition for each of your stations, accessing them is only a single click away.
With LinkComm you can:
- View current status and measurement data
- Enter observer values (for groundwater)
- Change the setup
- Download and graph the log
- Perform diagnostics (e.g. send a command, set the time)
You can also utilize a bundled solution with a data hosting service like Hydromet Cloud, a program from OTT HydroMet which gives you access to web-based data visualization and alarm management.
The logger is ideal for government agencies, groundwater resource managers, scientists, technicians, and more for both short-term and long-term continuous monitoring. It is suited for in-well and in-pipe solutions and designed for urban to remote locations with mobile signal. It can be used in fresh, brackish, or salt water. With it, you can monitor water level changes to interpret impacts of climate change or drought or examine water availability and water use over time.
Visit the OTT ecoLog 1000 product page to learn more or contact an OTT HydroMet team member today to build your hydrology monitoring solution.