The measurement of the velocity at the water surface is one of the oldest hydrometric measuring methods, time-tested and easy to carry out with the aid of surface floats. While float measurements are only temporarily applicable and often error-prone, modern radar sensors can determine the surface velocity in real time and with a very high measuring accuracy around the clock.
Learn more about the functional principle and the advantages of contact fee surface water velocity measurement with the OTT SVR 100 as well as the application possibilities for continuous flow measurement in rivers, streams and canals (irrigation canals, service water canals). Reliable measurement results and knowledge of the quality of your data, especially in extreme events with high outflows, can make the decisive difference and provide important insights for critical decisions.
Contents of the webinar:
- Measuring principle of the radar velocity measurement
- Limits of operation and technical data
- Measuring data and metadata on the measurement Quality
- System solutions for the continuous discharge OTT SVR 100
- Notes on measuring site selection, installation, operation and calibration
Business Development Manager Discharge
OTT SVR 100 – EASY INSTALLATION, RELIABLE DATA
Thanks to its compact size, the OTT SVR 100 is easy and unobtrusive to install outside the water, e.g. on a bridge. This protects it from the harmful effects of storms, floods and flotsam and enables reliable measurement even during floods and high suspended solids loads.
The quality of the measured data is also ensured by an integrated vibration sensor, since vibrations, which can be caused by traffic and wind, among other things, are detected. The OTT SVR 100 is able to provide measurement data with a quality stamp in four gradations – from “excellent” to “unacceptable – which it provides via SDI-12 for each measurement. So you always know whether you have a reliable reading.
An integrated tilt sensor automatically detects the orientation of the sensor and informs whether the sensor position is stable. Since the position of the sensor directly influences the measurement, it is important to know whether anything has changed at the measuring site. This information is also available via SDI-12 as a value in degrees of tilt angle.
OTT SVR at a glance:
- Contact-free measuring principle for continuous discharge measurement in hydrological applications
- Easy integration into existing measuring Systems
- Unobtrusive and simple installation above the water surface, therefore no impairment by high sediment load, flotsam or suspended solids
- Maintenance-free sensor
- Provision of metadata for quality assurance
- Integrated tilt sensor monitoring the sensor Position
- System calibration with OTT Prodis 2 possible